As a specialized form of psychotherapy, EMDR therapy focuses on helping people process and heal from traumatic experiences. However, EMDR therapy can also be used to treat a wide range of trauma-related conditions, as it combines cognitive behavioral therapy with bilateral stimulation and other techniques to stimulate healing.
During an EMDR session, our therapists will guide you through a structured process to target distressing moments, thoughts, and emotions associated with the traumatic events. Eye movements, taps, and sounds are used for bilateral stimulation to stimulate the brain’s processing capabilities and help our clients reprocess traumatic events.
EMDR therapy focuses on changing the emotions, thoughts, and behaviors that come from a distressing experience. While EMDR therapy is considered an excellent treatment for PTSD, it can also be used for the following conditions:
- Anxiety Disorders: This type of therapy has been used to help those experiencing phobia reactions and can be used to alleviate symptoms of anxiety disorders, such as panic disorders, social anxiety disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder.
- Depression Disorders: It can also be useful for those struggling with depression, especially when it’s related to past traumatic experiences. Processing previous trauma can help alleviate depressive symptoms.
- Dissociative Disorders: People who regularly experience derealization or dissociative identity disorder symptoms can benefit from EMDR therapy to
- Complex Trauma: Alongside PTSD, complex and prolonged trauma from childhood abuse, neglect, or domestic abuse can be addressed through EMDR therapy.
- Grief and Loss: EMDR therapy can be helpful for individuals working to process their grief and loss by integrating their emotions and helping them heal after the death of a loved one or other significant losses, such as relationships or career changes.
Led by Judith Verduzco, LCSW, MPA, our EMDR Therapy services offer a unique approach to addressing the effects of trauma on mental health and well-being.
- Facilitates the reprocessing of traumatic memories, reducing their emotional impact
- It helps alleviate distressing symptoms related to trauma, such as flashbacks, nightmares, and anxiety.
- Promotes adaptive coping strategies and a sense of empowerment
- It aims to enhance emotional regulation and improve overall mental health.
- It can be effective for various trauma-related conditions, including PTSD, complex trauma, phobias, and anxiety disorders.
At Monarchs Therapy, our therapist, Judith Verduzco, utilizes EMDR Therapy to create a safe and supportive environment for clients to process their trauma, address associated symptoms, and work toward healing and recovery.
Are you ready to unlock healing from past trauma and experience relief from distressing symptoms? Monarchs Therapy is here to support you on your journey. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about how EMDR Therapy can benefit you. Located in La Crescenta, CA, you can reach us at (818) 741-1221. Begin your path toward healing and well-being today.