As a mood disorder, depression causes persistent sadness and loss of interest; it affects how you feel, think, and act and can lead to various emotional, social, and physical problems. At Monarchs Therapy, our experienced therapist, Judith Verduzco, LCSW, MPA, specializes in treating depression and can offer comprehensive and compassionate treatment options for those experiencing chronic depressive symptoms.
Depression can affect anyone, no matter their age, gender, or background. As a complex mental health condition, it can significantly impact a person’s thoughts, emotions, and daily function. It can manifest in various ways, including loss of interest in activities, fatigue, difficulties concentrating, feelings of worthlessness, and persistent sadness, emptiness, or hopelessness.
When you visit Monarchs Therapy, our team of therapists can provide various services for depression, including:
- Thorough assessment to understand the nature and severity of depressive symptoms
- Individual therapy sessions tailored to your specific needs
- Exploration of underlying factors contributing to depression
- Development of coping skills and strategies to manage symptoms
- Collaborative goal-setting to promote personal growth and well-being
- Integration of evidence-based approaches
At Monarchs Therapy, we offer several evidence-based treatment options to address depression and support individuals on their path to recovery:
- Individual Therapy: Through individual sessions with our therapy, we can provide a safe and supportive space for individuals to explore their thoughts, emotions, and experiences related to depression.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: As a primary technique for treating depression, it focuses on identifying and challenging the negative thought patterns and beliefs contributing to depressive symptoms. By tracking the habitual negative reactions, recognizing those patterns can help you gain specific goals and manage depressive symptoms over time.
- Mindfulness Techniques: Mindfulness is a science-based intervention method for dealing with depression, as it can help regulate emotions and reduce symptoms. Techniques such as mindful breathing exercises as yoga and meditation can help focus your body and thoughts for self-care.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy: EMDR therapy is particularly helpful for individuals who have experienced trauma or adverse life events contributing to their depression. This therapy approach aims to reprocess traumatic memories and alleviate associated distress. EMDR incorporates bilateral stimulation techniques, such as eye movements, to promote emotional healing and resolve trauma-related symptoms.
Through therapy, we strive to empower individuals with the tools and support they need to navigate their journey toward recovery and improved mental health.
When depression interferes with your daily life, Monarchs Therapy supports you on your journey. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with Judith Verduzco, LCSW, MPA, and begin your path toward recovery. You can reach us at (818) 741-1221 in La Crescenta, CA. Let us be a guiding light on your path to wellness.