When you experience overwhelming anxiety, worry, and fear that is difficult to control, it can greatly impact your life, causing you to avoid social situations that might trigger or worsen your symptoms. Anxiety disorders can be troublesome to manage, but at Monarchs Therapy, our experienced team of therapists can help you manage your anxiety and help you regain control over your life, and experience a greater sense of well-being.
People with anxiety tend to react to unpleasant feelings and situations by avoiding their triggers and other extreme measures, often reinforcing their fears and worries. However, all therapeutic approaches aim to help you understand why you feel certain ways, what causes your triggers, and how you can change your reactions to them. As a condition that affects at least 19% of people in the U.S, several major types of anxiety disorders can be treated through therapy, including:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: GAD is defined by symptoms of constant worry and anxiety about various concerns in the absence of a threat.
- Panic Disorder: Panic disorders are characterized by frequent, sudden panic attacks.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Social anxiety disorder focuses on an irrational fear of being observed, judged, or embarrassed in social situations.
- Specific Phobias: Phobias are intense, irrational fears related to specific situations or objects, such as tight spaces, spiders, or heights.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Obsessive-compulsive disorders are a specific type of anxiety disorder that causes people to experience intrusive thoughts and repetitive behaviors that attempt to reduce the anxiety or feared outcome.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): PTSD is a type of anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive memories, flashbacks, nightmares, and heightened anxiety.
At Monarchs Therapy, we offer evidence-based treatment options to help individuals manage and alleviate anxiety symptoms:
- Individual Therapy: Individual therapy works to provide a safe and supportive space for clients to explore their anxiety-related thoughts, emotions, and experiences. Our skilled therapist works collaboratively with individuals to develop personalized strategies for managing anxiety, building resilience, and promoting overall well-being.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT is a highly effective therapeutic approach for anxiety. It focuses on identifying and challenging negative thought patterns and beliefs contributing to anxiety. Through CBT, individuals learn practical coping skills, such as relaxation techniques and cognitive restructuring, to better manage anxious thoughts and behaviors.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy: EMDR therapy is particularly beneficial for individuals who have experienced trauma or adverse life events contributing to their anxiety. EMDR integrates bilateral stimulation, such as eye movements or tapping, to facilitate reprocessing distressing memories and reduce anxiety symptoms associated with trauma.
- Relaxation Techniques and Mindfulness Practices: Learning relaxation techniques can help individuals manage anxiety at the moment and promote overall relaxation and well-being.
- Lifestyle Modifications: Healthy choices, such as regular physical exercise, maintaining a balanced diet, getting sufficient sleep, and reducing caffeine and alcohol consumption, can contribute to anxiety management.
If you or someone you know is struggling with an anxiety disorder, contact Monarchs Therapy at (818) 741-1221 to schedule an appointment with our experienced therapist. We are dedicated to providing compassionate care and evidence-based treatments to help individuals overcome anxiety and reclaim their lives.