Many people often experience stress throughout their life and go through phases of increased stress levels, especially in the face of a new job, bigger responsibilities, and other life events. However, when your stress levels go on for an extended time and don’t seem to go away no matter what you do, stress management therapy is needed. At Monarchs Therapy, our clinic can help you effectively manage stress and help you achieve a more balanced lifestyle.
Stress is a natural, common response to the demands and pressures of life. However, as we get older and our responsibilities grow, stress can easily become chronic and overwhelming. Chronic stress is considered one of the largest mental health problems in the U.S., as about 73% of people experience extreme stress that impacts their mental health. Chronic stress, however, does more than impact your mind. It can impact your physical health, causing deficiencies in your immune system and making you more prone to health problems later in life. It can also contribute to poor sleep, which in turn can impact your ability to perform daily tasks and manage your relationships with others.
Many situations or events can cause stress, including the addition of a new family member, conflicts at work, divorces, and other life transitions. However, through stress management, our team can provide healthy coping mechanisms to reduce your stress levels. At Monarch’s Therapy, we can provide a range of options to help treat your chronic stress and help you take care of your mental health. Some of these approaches include:
- Stress Assessments: Through our stress assessments, our therapists will better identify the sources of your stress and any identifiable triggers. From there, we focus on awareness-building to help you better understand your stress.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: CBT techniques can be easily used to identify and help change unhelpful thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to stress.
- Time-Management Strategies: Finding ways to manage your time are essential for reducing stress, and our therapists can help assist clients in setting realistic goals, establishing priorities in their lives, and developing ways to manage their time and tasks more effectively.
- Relaxation and Mindfulness Techniques: Relaxation tips can be especially useful for managing stress in between responsibilities. Our therapists can help provide relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and guided imagery to help reduce tension and develop greater self-awareness.
- Healthy Lifestyle and Self-Care Tips: Practicing self-care is essential in stress management, and our therapists can work with you to incorporate self-care activities into their daily lives, such as exercise, nutrition, and hobbies that bring joy and relaxation.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by stress and its impact on your well-being, seeking professional support is a valuable step toward regaining your peace of mind. Contact Monarchs Therapy today at (818) 741-1221 to schedule an appointment with Judith Verduzco, LCSW, MPA. Our La Crescenta, CA clinic provides a safe and supportive environment for individuals seeking ways to reduce their stress and experience a healthier life.